The 2021 Charles River Prize for Laboratory Animal Science
Charles River is pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for the 44th annual Charles River Prize. This award will be presented in Charlotte, NC, at the 72nd American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) National Meeting, October 17-21, 2021.
The Charles River Prize, consisting of a suitably inscribed plaque and a $2,500 honorarium, is awarded to a veterinarian in recognition of his/her outstanding contributions to laboratory animal science and medicine.
The nominee should be a veterinarian who has had significant, consistent contributions to laboratory animal science and medicine. The nominee must be either a member of AALAS or an AALAS-recognized affiliate organization (a list of AALAS affiliates are listed at www.aalas.org). The nominee may be a resident of any country.
- Please notify the CHARTER Program of your intention to nominate one of your colleagues for the Charles River Prize no later than March 1, 2021 at Patricia.Turner@crl.com
- If more than one person wishes to nominate a single nominee, the parties will be notified and encouraged to work together to submit a single nomination packet.
- The completed nomination packet must be received no later than April 1.
- Please send the nomination packet via email to Patricia.Turner@crl.com
- Each nomination should be accompanied by the following supporting information:
- Name, mailing address, college and year of graduation
- Nature of professional activity (type of salaried work)
- Organization membership (professional and scientific)
- Honors or awards
- Brief sketch on nominee’s professional background
- Statement pertaining to his/her qualifications for the award
- Up to three letters of support for the nomination