RWTH Aachen University M.Sc. in Laboratoy Animal Science
RWTH Aachen University, one of the German Federal Government’s Universities of Excellence, recognizes the need for continuous education as: an enabling factor in the implementation of EU 2010/63; as key to providing scientists with the latest skills applicable for research and industry; and a tool for motivating and retaining valued employees. Therefore, we are initiating a new Master programme, M.Sc. in Laboratory Animal Science, with the 3Rs and EU 2010/63 at its core and encompassing the latest scientific results and methodology.
The M.Sc. Laboratory Animal Science is a two year, part-time study course aimed not only at veterinarians but also graduates of biomedical sciences active in laboratory animal science and pre-clinical research. A blended learning concept, incorporating e-learning with short attendance blocks, enables participants to receive the highest level of academic and practical training whilst limiting time away from home and work.
Graduates will be able to lead and manage laboratory animal research activities and will be well equipped to take on leading roles in laboratory animal science.
- Ability to independently plan, conduct, evaluate and improve animal experiments, generating scientific data to the highest standards, applying specialist knowledge and using the latest methodology
- Ensure the 3Rs and EU directive 2010/63 are central in the planning and design of experiments and that alternatives are considered.
- Accredited M.Sc. qualification from a leading European university
- Access to a network of internationally renowned specialists
- The opportunity to study a broad range of species, from rodents to non-human primates
Further information regarding the course content and structure is available online under: www.MSc-Lab-Animal.com