As a clinical veterinarian, you work within a team of 3 veterinarians and a veterinarian manager within a strict regulatory framework (GLP and regulation applicable to laboratory animals) and ensure the clinical, medical and health monitoring of all the animals in the company (rodent and non-rodent species). You have a technical and scientific advisory role in the animal facilities and supervise the well- being of animals. You join an international group in a non-routine scientific environment, constantly evolving with the objectives of advancing research and animal welfare. You benefit from a real integration / training course provided by technical and scientific experts.
- Ensure veterinary examinations of animals as well as care and treatment of animals including standard surgeries
- Bring the technical and scientific expertise of the veterinarian within animal facilities in conjunction with technicians and Study Directors
- Apply the policy of laboratory animal health control and food, bedding and water control
- Intervene in specific phases of certain studies requiring veterinary expertise (neurological
examination, clinical observations, etc.)
- Actively participate in the Ethics Committee and the Animal Welfare Body
- Provide training to staff related to animal welfare
- Participate in the development and fine-tuning of new methods (surgical interventions,
sampling techniques, administration or functional exploration, etc.)
- Provide back-up for veterinary pharmacy management in accordance with regulatory
requirements Audits and accreditations
- Follow regulatory files and ensure maintenance of AAALAC accreditation.
- Participate in client Animal Welfare audits and regulatory inspections (DDPP)
- You hold a French Veterinary Diploma (or one recognized in France) and you must be registered to the Veterinary French Order.
- You are fluent in French and English, both oral and written.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and good ability to work in a team and adapt to the
people you are talking to.
- Rigorous, proactive, you appreciate teamwork and you adapt easily.