ERBC (European Research Biology Center) is a fast growing non clinical contract research organization. ERBC is looking for an experienced Veterinarian specialized in Laboratory Animal Sciences to become Site Designated Veterinarian.
The Designated Veterinarian is in charge of veterinary activities performed at the facility (5,000m2) in all laboratory animal species, rodent and non-rodent. In addition to carrying clinical examination of animals and define any required therapeutic approaches, veterinarians bring their expertise, supervise and/or train the scientific and technical staff, namely in symptomatology, ophthalmology, neurology, surgery, clinical pathology, necropsy. Veterinarians give direction and contribute to any activity related to management of laboratory animal environment (sanitary health monitoring, enrichment,…). Veterinarians are involved in strategic animal welfare management by being permanent members of animal welfare bodies as per European Directive. Veterinarians also contribute to any strategic project linking to their field of expertise in designing experiments, proposing methods and innovative approaches and applying the 3Rs rules and representing the company externally.
The Designated Veterinarian ensures that all aspects of veterinary works of the Facility are performed in alignment with best practices and in compliance with applicable sanitary regulations, namely Public Health Services and European Directives. In addition, the Designated Veterinarian ensures compliance to AAALAC and Good Laboratory Practice regulations, company Standard Operating Procedures and relevant Health, Environmental and Safety legislation.
ERBC owns facilities in France and Italy and offers exposure to a wide variety of non clinical services. Opportunities to tackle scientific and technical challenges are numerous and stimulate curiosity and engagement. ERBC is an open-minded organization offering personal development opportunities. This offer represents a unique opportunity for a Laboratory Animal Veterinarian to develop his/her carreer.
- Doctor in Veterinary Medicine (from an EAEVE recognized institution)
- ECLAM certification would be an asset
- Licence to practice as a Sanitary Veterinarian in France
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of Laboratory Animal Sciences including exposure to
- Demonstrated expertise in a specific field of laboratory animal sciences (medicine, surgery,
ophthalmology, clinical pathology, anatomic pathology…)
- Strong knowledge of international guidelines and best practices
- Leadership skills for impacting multidisciplinary scientific and technical teams including excellent communication skills, team spirit and proactive and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Excellent written and spoken English.