We, the Fraunhofer Institute for Translational Medicine and Pharmacology ITMP located in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, offer you an exciting position as
Group Leader (m/f/d) In-vivo Pharmacology
in our Drug Discovery and Preclinical Research department. In this unit, research projects are conducted to identify innovative therapeutic molecules especially for immune-mediated diseases.
The candidate will be responsible for the in vivo pharmacology work area and report directly to the Head of Department.
What you will do
- Development and application of translational animal models for immune-mediated diseases
- Planning, execution and evaluation of in-vivo studies
- Development of animal testing replacement methods
- Preparation of animal experiment applications and notifications, interaction with regulatory authorities
- Close cooperation with vivarium management, animal welfare officers and veterinarians
- Development of new research projects, acquisition of third-party and grant funding
- Personnel management, supervision of master and doctoral theses
- Cooperation with partners from industry and academic research
- Administrative and coordinative activities within the department and working group
What you bring to the table
- You have successfully completed a university degree in biology, veterinary medicine, medicine or a related discipline as well as a doctorate (MD or PhD)
- You have the necessary qualifications, expertise and required continuing education to conduct animal studies.
- Ideally, you have immunological knowledge and experience with models of chronic inflammatory diseases
- You enjoy working in a team
- You have a quick apprehension, curiosity, organizational skills, reliability and a high motivation
- Experience in personnel management is desirable.
- You are proficient in written and spoken English. Proficiency in German is an advantage
What you can expect
- Work with a high degree of independence and autonomy
- Collegial cooperation in a motivated team
- Close interactions with other departments of ITMP and the cooperation partners of the institute
- Interesting projects with a focus on applied science
- Support for continuing education and additional qualifications
The weekly working time is 39 hours and the position is initially limited to 2 years. The position can also be filled on a part-time basis. We value and promote the diversity of our employees’ skills and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability. 32882
With its focus on developing key technologies that are vital for the future and enabling the commercial utilization of this work by business and industry, Fraunhofer plays a central role in the innovation process. As a pioneer and catalyst for groundbreaking developments and scientific excellence, Fraunhofer helps shape society now and in the future.
Interested? Apply online now. We look forward to getting to know you!