Laboratory Animal Internship 100%
Experimental Animal Center (EAC)
The Experimental Animal Center (EAC) is a structural unit which carries the responsibility for in vivo research of the University of Bern. The EAC is building upon excellence in its animal care program to achieve the best quality of research. The 3Rs, the culture of care and compliance to regulations are cornerstones of the EAC strategy.
The position can count as Internship in Veterinary Medicine (European College).
Area of responsibility
The post holder performs his/her duty under the direct supervision of the clinical veterinarians and board certified specialists (Dipl. ECLAM, ECVAA, ECPV). This position will report to the attending veterinarian.
The specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Veterinary care: Provide daily health care of rodents, GMO rodents, rabbits, non-human primates, fish and amphibians. Apply preventive medicine programs including rodent sentinel, vendor surveillance and quarantine programs. Care for the veterinary pharmacy. Participate in veterinary facility rounds and on-call schedule.
- Animal Model Support: Support scientists to prepare animal models for rodent and non-rodent species (anaesthesia, analgesia and post-operative care, medication administration, ultrasound imaging,).
- GEMS services: support of the cryobiology unit, compile datasheets and perform distress monitoring. Support scientists with planning of the breeding.
- Animal Welfare and Regulatory Compliance: Prepare Standard Operating procedures and guidelines. Ensure regulatory compliance with internal guidelines and national regulations in collaboration with the AWO. Help promote the welfare and quality of life of research animals.
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine and national license
- Fluent in English and German, comfortable French (written and oral)
- Initiative, goal oriented and Team player
- A one year position in the field of biomedical research with the University of Bern as an attractive employer
- Continuing Education: attend Seminars and Journal Club and further education
- A supportive working environment
Contact: For more information, please contact PD. Dr. A. Bergadano firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to receiving your fully documented application in one PDF-File to: email@example.com until 3. June 2022.
EAC, University of Bern
Reference: Lab Animal Internship
Original advertisement link: