A fantastic opportunity has arisen for Clinical Veterinarians to join Labcorp at our AAALAC accredited sites based in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire and Harrogate, Yorkshire.
As an experienced Veterinarian you will provide veterinary health care to a range of laboratory animal species, give advice regarding the care and maintenance of laboratory animals, and provide training for technicians.
This position offers a relocation package and sign on bonus (subject to criteria), competitive salary, a shared quiet on-call rota, 37.5 hrs working week, pension contributions, optional private health insurance, Continued Professional Development allowance and paid for professional memberships. Training on lab animal specific techniques and legislation is provided in-house and via external accredited courses.
The Huntingdon location is the second largest preclinical site in the UK. We have a multitude of different species that we care for at this site. With an onsite gym we make sure to keep your personal well-being in mind! Equal distance to Cambridge and Peterborough it is not far from major cities and about an hour commute from London. With a variety of opportunities at this location it is the perfect for any veterinarian looking for growth!
The Harrogate location is our largest pre-clinical site in the UK. The site is in a central location within walking distance of the town centre and close to all public transport, which includes train station and bus stops. It’s a historic and quaint town that boasts itself as the go-to destination for relaxation and indulgence, synonymous with quality shopping and afternoon tea. The Spa history continues to shape the town with several superb spas, including the original Turkish Baths in the iconic Royal Baths building in the centre of town. Harrogate is also not far from Yorkshire Dales, which has a great outdoors lifestyle and beautiful hiking locations!
Essential Job Duties include:
- Provide laboratory animal medical and surgical care by examination, treatment, and advice to ensure adequate and humane veterinary support.
- Assist site lead veterinarian to ensure company policies and practices regarding animal care and welfare are in compliance with relevant regulations.
- Assist in training of staff on general animal health and welfare and common veterinary procedures including, where applicable, annual externship programs.
- Serve on the Animal Welfare Ethical Review Body (AWERB) as alternate member where appropriate and conduct veterinary review of Project Procedure License applications.
- Perform physical examinations of laboratory animals as indicated in protocols and SOPs.
- Perform ophthalmic or other veterinary examinations on laboratory animals as indicated in protocols and SOPs.
- Perform surgical procedures and interventions on laboratory animals as indicated in protocols and SOPs.
- Report animal care and welfare concerns and contribute to resolution and appropriate corrective action.
- Participate in client conference calls and visits.
- Manage projects and complex cases independently.
- Veterinary degree and membership with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
- Valid UK driving license.
Desired experience but not required:
- Experience in Veterinary clinical experience
- Familiarity with Animals (Scientific) Procedures Act 1986
- Knowledge of small and large animals used in research.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.