Full-time, Open Ended
We are looking for a committed and values-led professional to direct and oversee our bioresearch and veterinary services.
The University of Edinburgh has extensive biomedical research programmes. This is an excellent opportunity for a strategic and visionary leader in relation to all aspects of the use of animals in research, particularly engagement with the 3Rs (Replacement, Refinement, Reduction), Culture of Care and Openness in Animal Research that will allow the University to be an international leader in these areas. The successful candidate will ensure full legislative compliance while enabling optimal animal care and supporting robust scientific outputs. They will oversee the provision and development of high quality animal facilities, technical staff, transgenic services, Home Office administration, training and Named Veterinary Services to facilitate our world-leading research.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- High degree of professional responsibility, discretion and accountability
- Well developed problem solving capability
- Significant knowledge and experience of working under the Animals in Scientific Procedures Act (1986) / EU Directive 2010/63/EU
- Excellent track record in staff management and leadership
- Diplomacy and tenacity
- Excellent communication skills with a wide variety of audiences, including senior academics, regulators and the general public