Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin invites applications for the position of Facility Manager.
This post will be based in the College’s Comparative Medicine Unit (CMU) in the heart of Dublin, Ireland. THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Provide effective technical and operational management.
- Animal Care and Welfare Officer role.
- Information Officer role.
- Animal Facility Staff Manager role.
- Regulatory Compliance.
- Member of Animal Welfare Body (AWB), Animal Research Ethics Committee (AREC) and CMUExecutive Committee.
THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- IAT Level 6 or BSc (Hons) and MSc or equivalent postgraduate qualification.
- Further qualification in laboratory animal science/medicine, animal care and welfare (Desirable). ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of three years’ demonstrable relevant experience working in a similar position.
- Proven ability to make decisions and manage people and situations effectively
- Direct experience of the husbandry and maintenance of laboratory rodents and colony management of non-GM and GM rodents.
- Understanding of current legislation and the ethical principles of using laboratory animals for scientific purposes
- Excellent attention to detail, time management skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationship with key stakeholders.
- Ability to problem-solve in a complex and dynamic work environment.