About the role
We seek an enthusiastic and experienced veterinary surgeon to join our team to provide Clinical Veterinary medical and surgical care for Moredun livestock and laboratory animals, and advice to the Moredun Group (i.e. the Charity, the Research Institute, and the Commercial-facing subsidiary).
You will support our industry-relevant animal disease research and contract research activities and provide on-call, out-of-hours, and weekend veterinary cover for our animals on a shared rota basis.
You will train for a Home Office Personal Licence and as a Named Veterinary Surgeon, be able to recognise and assess welfare and disease in animal species while ensuring that the requirements of the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act are correctly applied.
You will be:
- A qualified Veterinary Surgeon
- A member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (MRCVS).
- Compliant with current RCVS continuous professional development requirements
You will have:
- Clinical veterinary medical and surgical experience of farmed and laboratory species
- Knowledge and practical experience of Animal Euthanasia
- An interest in and experience of veterinary research related to animal disease
- Management skills
- Previously worked in a veterinary-led team
- Competence in using IT packages
Full details of this role including the job description and person specification can be located on our website.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form and email the completed form to email@example.com
In addition to access to training and development opportunities, you will access to:
- Competitive pension scheme – employee contribution minimum 3%. Moredun will contribute up to a maximum of 15%.
- Group Life Assurance Scheme and an Income Protection Scheme
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 7 days public holidays and a privilege day
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits platform offering discounts at various retailers
- On site café.
The Moredun Group operates a number of policies including access to a family healthcare scheme and flexible working arrangements. We are also proud to have a Gold Award for Healthy Working Lives and work hard to promote a healthy lifestyle.
We are committed to creating a positive and inclusive environment, respecting equality, diversity, and encouraging good relations. We welcome applications from people irrespective of their age, sex, religion or belief, race, disability, or sexual orientation.